Our unique retail offering: Specialty medications.
Managing complex medical conditions such as hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid
arthritis and others requires costly specialty medicines. The trend for these medications will
increasingly require more complex patient management to maintain cost control. And Walgreens is
on the forefront of creating personalized solutions that work for your members and your
Greater value with our specialty medications.
is a critical issue for serious and/or symptomatic illnesses. Research shows that Walgreens
delivers higher Medication Possession Ratio (MPR) for specialty pharmacy patients managed at
retail on a national average:
addition, we offer:
- - Rheumatoid arthritis: 94% vs. 63%1
- - Multiple sclerosis: 92% vs. 50%2
- Analytics that link patient outcomes to payer processes and provider decisions.
- Early intervention to maintain and/or improve adherence.
Assistance from dedicated teams.
Walgreens pharmacists and patient
care coordinators assist your members in a variety of ways. Services include:
- Verifying insurance benefits and handle paperwork.
- Offering one-on-one support to patients, including refill and new prescriptions.
- Providing ongoing clinical management and adherence counseling.
- Working with central fulfillment to dispense and manage patients receiving
Access is your advantage.
1 Belcon MC, Haynes RB, Tugwell P. A critical review of compliance studies in
rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 1984;27(11):1227-1233.
2 Treadaway K, Cutter G, Salter A, et al. Factors that influence adherence with
disease-modifying therapy in MS. J Neurol. 2009;256(4):568-576. [p/u from SP12438 SP Slide