One of the most exciting and fun aspects of the holiday season is how full your social calendar quickly gets. From holiday parties to New Year’s Eve bashes, a girl needs to plan her wardrobe and make-up choices accordingly.
With these few simple tips from Walgreens Beauty Advisors, there’s no need to run home after work before you hit the town. Now you can go from professional to party girl in the blink of an eye.
- Cosmetic cases can double as a nighttime clutch.
- With your hair style, try the opposite of what you did during the day. If you wore it down, put it up in a cute clip or ponytail. If you wore it up, take it down and brush it out. Hairspray or dry shampoo will help revitalize your mane – and will most likely become your new best friend.
- Go a shade or two brighter on your lipstick for the evening. Or swipe on some colorful eye shadow.
- Sweep highlighter over cheekbones, nose, brow bone and collarbone for a fresh glow.
- After a long day at the office, curling your eye lashes can give you that bright-eyed look, instantly.
- Lose the pantyhose and slather your legs with a shimmer or self-tanning lotion. In colder climates, switch to funky patterned tights. Keep a fun pair of kicks in your work bag, too.
- Add a spritz of body spray or perfume.
- A colorful scarf works great to hold your hair back, tire around your neck, wear as a belt or act as a pop of color on your handbag.