Winter weather got you stuck inside this weekend? Try these indoor activities to keep you and the kids busy when the weather outside is frightful:
DIY Family Photo Wreath.
Entertain the kids by helping them make a family photo wreath to keep hanging on the fridge. Print 15 to 20 of your favorite photos in black and white or sepia. Cut the pictures in different shapes and styles. Take a wire hanger and bend it in to a circular shape. Glue or tape the snapshots to the wire. Add a ribbon on top for a pop of color.
Let The Kids Host High Tea.
You’re never too old for a tea party. Let your kids use their imaginations and host a fancy high tea. Help them prepare teas like Good and DelishTM Roobios Chai, and have them set out finger food like Good and DelishTM Pure Butter Shortbread Fingers. It’s a fun and calming way to pass the afternoon (and a good way to stay warm!).
Bring the Spa to You.
While the kids are occupied and you have time to think, indulge with a Studio 35 Beauty™ Manicure & Pedicure Kit, which contains all the tools you need for some self-beautification!
Follow this easy seven-step process to use each tool:
- Dip nailbrush in warm, sudsy water and use to clean outer nail surfaces and difficult areas underneath nails. Clean and air-dry brush after each use.
- Use the fingernail clippers or nail scissors to cut fingernails into an oval or square shape and to a length that suits your preference. Tip: Cutting nails when wet allows for smoother edges.
- Using the beveled end of the cuticle pusher, gently push cuticle back into a square shape.
- Find the cuticle nipper and clip the dead cuticle area, being careful not to damage the healthy cuticle area.
- Place the salon board or file under the nail edge at a slant and file in one direction only. Tip: Nails should always be filed when dry to ensure smooth edges.
- Use the four-step buffing board (color-coded for easy use) to give your nails a natural, lustrous finish.
- Lather hands or feet with Studio 35 BeautyTM Ultimate Healing Lotion.
- Repeat steps 1-6
When you’re done with the mani and pedi, finish it off with your favorite color of nail polish.