Preparation time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 8
- 4 oz 100% cranberry juice blend
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, sliced thin*
- 1/4 cup ripe medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions (including green tops), sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (about 1 tsp)
- fresh ground pepper, as desired
Place juice into a saucepan. Boil for about 5 minutes until reduced to about 1 Tbsp of syrup.
Place the reduced juice and all remaining ingredients into a medium bowl, and stir until incorporated.
Chill and serve immediately with favorite chips and vegetables.
* Fresh cranberries may be stored in your freezer for up to 1 year.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Reproduced from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Used with permission.
This recipe is provided as a service of Walgreens.com. Walgreens.com makes no representations, nor assumes any responsibility, concerning same.
Recipes that are "low fat," "low calorie," low cholesterol," and/or "low sodium" conform to the relevant criteria from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.