Preparation time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Number of servings: 8
- 16 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 oz can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 oz can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb turkey kielbasa, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 15 oz can no-added-salt tomato sauce
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Mix all ingredients in an ungreased 3-quart casserole dish. Cover, and bake for 1 hour or until hot and carrots are tender. Remove bay leaf before serving.
** Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. This site rounds exchanges up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Reproduced from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Used with permission.
This recipe is provided as a service of Walgreens.com. Walgreens.com makes no representations, nor assumes any responsibility, concerning same.
Recipes that are "low fat," "low calorie," low cholesterol," and/or "low sodium" conform to the relevant criteria from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.