"The Pocket Cast"
Bend Lengthwise To Make It Strong
From the Himalayan Peaks to the depths of the ocean, the Sam® Splint has proven itself to be the one splint with universal capabilities. Just 4-1/4"x36" and weighing only 4 oz. the Sam® Splint is foam padded for comfort and adaptable for use. The Sam® Splint is invisible on x-rays, waterproof, and reusable. It is not affected by extremes of temperatures or altitude.
Sam® Finger Splints available.
The Seaberg Company, Inc.
Newport, OR USA
See back of package for illustration of below.
- Fold the Splint in half to create two sides. To give the splint strength gently curve each side down the center with your thumbs.
- The above splint can be applied around the arm, forearm, or ankle and secured with kling, wrap, or rolled gauze.
- For dislocated shoulders fold to form a triangular "Airplane" splint.
- The splint can be doubled for increased strength. Rigid enough for use on a Colles Fracture.
- The ankle is splinted with a single splint - folded under the foot and applied to each side.
- The splints can be used one on each side of the limb for knee or leg injuries.
- Wrap the splint loosely around the neck and gently squeeze to product supporting posts.
- The splint can be folded as above and applied to support the upper arm.
- To splint the wrist or forearm the splint should be applied around the elbow.
- A T-Bend dramatically increases the strength of the splint.
Distributed by Adventure Medical Kits