Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- More than 8 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this liquid
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use to sedate children.
Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- In children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- A sodium restricted diet
When using this product
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- May cause marked drowsiness
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu: minor aches and pains; headache; cough; sore throat; runny nose; sneezing; nasal and sinus congestion; temporarily reduces fever.