With increasing numbers of people diagnosed with hypertension and heart condition, we agree with our consumers that offering a lower sodium product is the right thing to do. The challenge has been to create a heart-healthier recipe that actually tastes good. Made with certified organic elbow pasta and creamy, mild cheddar cheese, this macaroni and cheese will provide a real comfort food experience.
- 0 g trans-fat
- No artificial anything
- Naturally good source of calcium and protein
- Certified organic by Oregon Tilth
Made in USA
- Boil: 6 cups water in a medium saucepan
- Stir in: pasta, bring to boil. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until done, stirring occasionally
- Drain pasta: in colander. While pasta is draining...
- Add: 3 Tbsp lowfat milk to the warm saucepan (optional: Add 2 Tbsp unsalted butter for richer flavor)
- Sprinkle: cheese over milk; stir to combine
- Add: cooked pasta back to saucepan and stir well
Enjoy! For a creamy, tangy version, replace milk with 1/2 cup lowfat yogurt. Keep in a cool, dry place..
© 2011 Annie's Inc.