Ethically and responsibly produced, 5-grain elbows with Organic Valley white cheddar combine in a nutritious, delicious meal! Turning to nutrition of the past, this product contains the five ancient grains of amaranth, quinoa, kamut, spelt and durum. Ground into flour as long ago as 9,000 years, these grains again today provide such important nutrients as fiber, thiamin, and niacin. Quinoa alone is considered a complete protein because it contains all nine amino acids.
- Absolutely nothing artificial
- Produced without antibiotics, synthetic hormones or pesticides
- Certified organic by Oregon Tilth
Made in USA
- Boil: 6 cups water in a medium saucepan
- Stir in: pasta, bring to boil. Cook: 8-10 minutes, or until done, stirring occasionally
- Drain pasta: in colander. While pasta is draining...
- Add: 3 tbsp lowfat milk to the warm saucepan. (Optional: Add 2 tbsp unsalted butter for richer flavor)
- Sprinkle: cheese over milk; stir to combine
- Add: cooked pasta back to saucepan and stir well
For a creamy, tangy version, replace milk with 1/2 cup lowfat yogurt. Keep in a cool, dry place..
© 2010 Annie's, Inc.