This traditional treat has more than 2 bars worth of chocolate in every box*.
- America's favorite brownie
- 13x9 family size
- Traditional chewy brownies
*Based on the weight of a standard 1.55 oz chocolate bar.
You will need:
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Heat oven as directed below (metal or glass pan. Grease (or use cooking spray) bottom of pan.
- Stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl until well blended. Spread in pan.
- Bake as directed below* or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean; cool. Store tightly covered.
* If using dark or nonstick pan, shorten bake time by 3 minutes. If using insulated pan, lengthen bake time by 7 minutes. Pan Size:
- Thick - 13" x 9"
- Thicker - 9" x 9"
- Thickest - 8" x 8"
Oven Temperature: 350° F Bake Time (in minutes):
- Thick: 24-26
- Thicker: 38-40
- Thickest: 52-54
Betty's Tips: For cakelike brownies, increase eggs to 3. To cut warm brownies easily, cut with plastic knife using short sawing motions. High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Stir 3 Tbsp flour into dry brownie mix. Make brownies using 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup oil and 2 eggs. Fore cakelike brownies, stir 3 Tbsp flour into dry brownie mix. Make brownies using 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup oil and 3 eggs..
© 2009 General Mills