- Excellent source of protein & fiber
- Helps keep glucose levels in check
- Rich in lysine, an amino acid
This hot cereal is a fruit, not a grain and is wheat free. It is one of the best plant sources of protein. It is also rich in lysine, one of the amino acids that is in short supply in many grains.
- Excellent source of magnesium, which helps relax arteries and promote blood circulation
- Good source of fiber
- May postpone your hunger pangs
- Keeps glucose levels in check better than other carbohydrates*
- No preservatives or chemical additives
- Certified organic by QAI
*According to a USDA study and other research.
Lowfat diets rich in fiber-containing grain products, fruits, and vegetables may reduce the risk of some types of cancer, a disease associated with many factors.
Made in USA
For a savory hot breakfast cereal, bring 3 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Add 1 cup creamy buckwheat and turn heat down. Cover and cook for10 minutes. Makes 2-1/2 cups. Serve with honey or brown sugar and milk. Add almost any fruit or nuts to increase your breakfast nutrition and pleasure. Microwave instructions: In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup creamy buckwheat, and 3/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Makes 1 serving. Keeps best refrigerated or frozen.
© 2011 Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods