This whole grain soy flour is freshly ground on cool and slow turning, century-old stone-buhr millstones from premium quality, raw soybeans. It is a tasty and simple way to take advantage of soy's bountiful nutrition. Soy contains complete protein with all the amino acids essential to human nutrition, which must be supplied in the diet because they cannot be synthesized by the body. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- All natural
- 35% protein
- 100% whole grain
- Free of gluten, preservatives and chemical additives
Keeps best refrigerated or frozen. Tips for using soy flour:
- In any recipe calling for all-purpose flour, replace up to 30% of the usual flour with soy flour. Since soy flour is free of gluten, which gives structure to yeast-raised breads, soy flour cannot replace all the wheat or rye flour in a bread recipe.
- Baked products containing soy flour may brown more quickly. Try reducing baking time or lower oven temperature slightly.
- Stir soy flour before measuring since it can become packed down in its container.
- Use soy flour to thicken gravies and sauces.
- Try soy flour in frying batters or dough to reduce the amount of fat absorbed.
- Use soy flour as a cholesterol-free egg substitute in baked goods. Replace one egg with one tablespoon soy flour and one tablespoon water.
- Lightly "toasting" soy flour before using it in a recipe will enhance its nutty flavor. Briefly cook soy flour in a dry skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
© 2011 Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods