- Chemical: Lead Source: Corrosion of household plumbing systems; erosion of natural deposits. Potential Health Effects: Infants and children - delays in physical or mental development. Adults - kidney problems; high blood pressure.
- Chemical: Copper Source: Corrosion of household plumbing systems; erosion of natural deposits. Potential Health Effects: Short-term - gastrointestinal distress. Long-term - liver or kidney damage.
- Chemical: Mercury Source: Erosion of natural deposits; runoff from landfills and cropland. Potential Health Effects: Kidney damage.
- Chemical: Cadmium Source: Corrosion of galvanized pipes; runoff from waste batteries and plants. Potential Health Effects: Kidney damage.
- Chemical: Benzene Source: Discharge from factories; leaching from gas storage tanks and landfills. Potential Health Effects: Anemia; decrease in blood platelets; increased risk of cancer.
- Taste & Odor
- Particulate - Class V
- Wash your hands before unwrapping the filter
- Soak new filter
- Insert filter into reservoir
- Add cold tap water
Fits all Brita® Filters and Dispensers.
Certified to reduce Chlorine (taste and odor), Sediment, 98% Lead and more.
Fresher Filter = Fresher Water
For optimum performance, change your filter every two months or 40 gallons.*
* Filter replacement is essential for product to perform as represented. Replace filter every 40 gallons (about 2 months for the average family). See User's Guide for details.
The Amazing Brita® Filter
The Brita® Filter's activated carbon and ion exchange resin work together to filter your water so you get healthier, great-tasting drinking water.
Brita® is a Great Value
Brita® filters your own tap water giving you healthier, great-tasting drinking water at a fraction of the cost of bottled water.
The Brita® Water Filtration Pitcher is NSF and Water Quality Association certified to reduce the following harmful contaminants that may be in your tap water:
Source: U.S. EPA, Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water, July 2003. The Brita® Filter keeps a healthy level of fluoride, a water additive that promotes strong teeth.*
*Applies to fluoridated municipal tap water and based on independent laboratory testing.
The Brita® Pitcher Filter (Model #OB03) has been tested and certified by NSF International in all Brita® pitchers and dispensers for:
ANSI/NSF Standard No. 53 Health Effects - Reduction of:
ANSI/NSF Standard No. 42 Aesthetic Effects - Reduction of:
NSF International is the nation's leading testing authority for water filtration products.
The Water Quality Associate (WQA) is the oldest independent 3rd party water testing and certification authority.
The contaminants or other substances removed or reduced by this water treatment device are not necessarily in all users' water.
Filter replacement is essential for product to perform as represented.
Consumer Assistance: Call 1-800-24-BRITA. To stay on top of important water news and new products from Brita, contact: brita.com
*See User's Guide for detailed instructions. It is normal for carbon dust to appear in your first 2 pitchers. Discard this water, or use it to water plants.
©2000, 2002, 2003 The Brita Products Company
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 1.44 Product in inches (LxWxH): 11.55x 2.5x 5.5
Item Code: 604455
The Brita® Pitcher Filter is not intended to purify water. Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Individuals requiring water of special microbiological purity should follow the advice of their doctor or health officials regarding the use and consumption of their tap water and Brita® water.