Calmol Hemorrhoidal Suppositories
- Standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time can cause hemorrhoids due to increased pressure on anorectal veins.
- Constipation and the force of straining to push along hard dry material can put extra pressure on the anorectal veins.
- Excess body weight can also put pressure on the anorectal veins.
- Pregnancy and an enlarged womb and increased blood supply can raise the pressure within the anorectal veins. In addition, the hormones in a pregnant woman tend to relax supporting muscles, increasing pressure on the lower anorectal veins as the baby grows.
What are Hemorrhoids?
About half of the people in the U.S. will suffer from hemorrhoids at some point in life. Hemorrhoids are enlarged and swollen anorectal blood vessels in the lowest area in the rectum or anus. Sometimes the vein walls become stretched and thin and irritated by passing bowel movements. Hemorrhoids can bleed, itch, and be very painful. Many anorectal problems, including fissures, fistulae, abscesses, or irritation, have similar symptoms and are incorrectly referred to as hemorrhoids.
Common causes of Hemorrhoids are:
Calmol 4¨ Hemorrhoidal Suppositories
The gentle soothing ingredients of Calmol 4¨ Hemorrhoidal Suppositories provide an all natural lubrication for the rectal lining to ease the discomfort of painful bowel movements. Each suppository is contoured with a unique bulb shape for ease of insertion and longer retention.
Detact one suppository from strip. Peel apart by pulling down both sides exposing suppository. Remove from wrapper. Avoid excessive handling of suppository, since it is designed to melt at body temperature. Adults when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing pad. Gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or a soft cloth before application of this product. Detach one suppository from the strip; remove wrapper before inserting into rectum. Slowly peel down film wrapper by pulling evenly and slowly on tabs to expose suppository. Insert 1 suppository bulb shape first into the rectum up to 6 times daily or after each bowel movement. Children under 12 years of age, consult a doctor.
Calmol 4® is a registered trademark of ResiCal, Inc.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.19 Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.5x 1.5x 4.5
Item Code: 148866
Important: Store in a cool place. If Calmol 4 Hemorrhoidal Suppositories have been subjected to temperatures above 80° F, they soften and begin to melt. Refrigeration for a few hours may restore them to a usable state. Quality sealed for your protection. Do not use if individual suppository printed "Calmol 4" is unsealed. For rectal use only. When using this product do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor. Stop use and ask a doctor if bleeding occurs or if condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison Control Center right away.
- Gives temporary relief of burning, irritation, itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily provides a coating for anorectal discomforts
- temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful.
Cocoa Butter 76% , Zinc Oxide (10%)
Bismuth Subgallate , Glyceryl Stearate , Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil , Methylparaben , Propylparaben