Clairol Natural Instincts Non-Permanent Haircolor Pecan Medium Golden Brown 183.0 17.0
Size/Count 1.0 ea
- Non-permanent, ammonia-free formula
- With aloe, vitamins & antioxidants
- Love your color longer
- On day 1, the formula with antioxidants plus conditioner, gives outstanding damage protection and helps prevent hair dryness while coloring
- 2 weeks later, revitalize your color with a conditioning creme that adds color pigments back to your hair in just 5 minutes
- Lasts 28 shampoos
- For medium brown, dark brown hair
- Color enhancing colorant
- Color activating creme
- ColorTreat color conditioning treatment
- ColorFresh revitalizer
- Have a clock ready for timing
- Put on gloves
- Comb hair gently
- Put towel around shoulders to protect clothing
- Tear off and discard the tab from the Color Activating Creme (Bottle #2). Then unscrew the cap.
- Open the Color-Enhancing Colorant (Bottle #1) and squeeze entire contents into Bottle #2.
- Replace cap. Place gloved finger over tip, point away from face, and shake well until the color has fully mixed.
- After mixing, apply color immediately to damp hair.
- Apply mixture first to your roots and where you have the most gray.
- When roots are completely covered, apply remaining color quickly to the rest of your hair by parting and lifting hair as you apply
- If you apply color every 4-6 weeks, apply color to roots only and wait until the last 5-10 minutes of your timing to apply to the rest of your hair.
- Work mixture through until hair is completely saturated. Do not rub into scalp.
- Now, start your timer for just 10 minutes (or the time indicated by your strand test).
- For resistant gray hair, you may need to leave color on for an additional 5 minutes, for no longer than a total of 20 minutes.
- Rinse until water runs clear.
- Gently massage a quarter-sized amount of the Color Treat™ Conditioner (Tube #3) through your hair.
- Leave on for 2 minutes, then rinse.
- Save remaining Color Treat Conditioner to use once a week for fresh, radiant color and healthier-looking hair.**
- Shampoo hair as usual.
- Put on gloves.
- Apply the entire sachet of ColorFresh™ Revitalizer into your hand and distribute uniformly through the hair, concentrating on your roots and where you have the most gray.
- Leave on for 5 minutes - if you want a more intense color result, leave on for up to 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and style as usual.
- Take the allergy test.
- Do the strand test to determine your optimal coloring time.
- Read this entire instruction leaflet before you begin.
Works in 10 minutes, for fresh color and a touchable softness you can feel for up to 6 weeks.
Made in Mexico
How To Use
Do the skin allergy test 48 hours before each application, even if you have already used coloring products.
Apply color to damp hair that is free of styling product build-up. Do not shampoo immediately before coloring, as the scalp's natural oils help to protect it during coloring.
Step 1: Get Ready to Color
Step 2: Apply Color For Roots and All-Over Color
Step 3: Wait 10 Minutes
Step 4: Rinse and Condition
If any color gets on your skin or household surface, wipe it off immediately with a damp towel. Once mixed, never reseal or store the color in a closed container, as it could burst. Pour any unused color mixture down the drain, as it will lose its effectiveness after 30 minutes.
Step 5: Refresh Your Color After 2 Weeks
Natural Instincts ColorFresh™ Revitalizer Boost your color in just minutes!
Use it 2 weeks after you have colored your hair. Note: Before using it, conduct another skin allergy test 48 hours before application by applying a small amount of the product to an area the size of a quarter in the bend of your elbow and allowing to dry. Do not wash this area for 48 hours. If there are no skin reactions, proceed with product application. If a rash, redness, burning or itching occurs, you must not use this product. The color of the Revitalizer product does not represent your final hair color result.
You do not need to apply conditioner afterwards.
Before You Color: 48 Hours In Advance
Skin Allergy Test Instructions:
Must be performed 48 hours before you color you hair.
You will need a cotton ball or swab, a plastic bowl and a plastic spoon.
- To open, unscrew the entire Color Activating Creme cap (Bottle #2). Don't pull off the tab. Then unscrew the Color Enhancing Colorant cap (Bottle #1).
- Mix small equal parts of the Color Enhancing Colorant and Color Activating Creme in a plastic bowl.
- Tightly recap both bottles.
- Apply mixture to a test area the size of a quarter in the bend of your elbow. Allow to dry. Use remaining mixture for the strand test. Do not wash this area for 48 hours. During washing, protect with an adhesive bandage and remove it immediately after washing.
- Examine the test area during the next 48 hours. If no reaction occurs, you are ready to color.
The absence of a reaction to this test is no guarantee that an allergic reaction may not occur as a result of a future hair coloring process. However, this test represents an important precaution. Please consult a doctor if you have any doubts.
Note: if a rash, redness, burning or itching occurs, you may be allergic. Stop. You must not use this product.
Do the Strand Test each time you color to determine optimal timing and color results. Perms, relaxers, previous color, and the sun can affect your results and timing.
You will need: Scissors, tape and a clock.
- Cut a ¼ inch wide strand from the darkest or grayest part of your dry hair close to the scalp and tape at the cut end. Dampen with water.
- Completely cover the hair strand with the mixture remaining from the Allergy Test. Start timing.
- After 10 minutes (8 minutes for permed or relaxed hair), check the strand. If the strand is not the color you want, return it to the mixture and check the color every few minutes for up to 20 minutes.
Fill in your personal color time below:
My timing for desired color: _______ minutes.
Useful Tips From The Experts At Clairol:
- If hair has build-up, shampoo one day prior to coloring. Do not shampoo immediately before coloring. Your scalp has natural oils that help protect it during coloring.
- To prevent staining, apply a little moisturizer around your hairline.
- For best results, do not shampoo your hair for 24 hours after coloring.
- If you plan to perm your hair, perm first, and then you can use Natural Instincts the very same day as long as your scalp is not irritated and is in good condition.
- If you plan to chemically relax your hair, relax your hair first, and then wait at least 7 days and one shampoo before coloring.
©Procter & Gamble
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.61 Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.45x 3.6x 6.35
Item Code: 689257
- This product contains ingredients, including hydrogen peroxide, which may cause severe eye irritation and possible permanent eye injury. If any product gets into your eye, flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- We recommend removing contact lenses before applying hair color. If you must wear contact lenses during application, and if any product gets into your eye, remove the lens first, then flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- Never use hair color on eyebrows or eyelashes or if your scalp is irritated or injured.
- Do not inhale or ingest product.
- Do not use if your hair has been colored with henna or metal dyes.
- Prepare and use the product in a well-ventilated area. If you experience inhalation difficulties, move to fresh air.
- Remove all metal objects from hair before and during coloring.
- Wear gloves and rinse hair well after application.
- Keep product in a cool place away from heat and light. Do not mix this colorant with any other product.
- Do not keep any unused mixed product. Do not leave the mixture in a closed bottle (bottle may expand or burst).
Product not intended to be used on children. Keep all hair coloring products out of reach of children.
Important Safety Instructions:
Hair color products may cause allergic reactions, which in rare cases can be severe. Tattoos may increase the risk of allergy to this product. To reduce your risk, follow these instructions:
Do not use this product if you have experienced any reaction to hair color products or have a sensitive, irritated or damaged scalp. In these cases, do not conduct the skin allergy test and consult a doctor before using any hair color product. Conduct a skin allergy test 48 hours prior to each application, even if you have already used coloring products before.
What to do if you have a reaction during or within the next 48 hours of coloring your hair if during coloring you experience:
- Any stinging, burning or rash, rinse immediately and discontinue use as this may be an indication of a more serious reaction. do not color your hair again before consulting a doctor or seeking medical advice.
- Any rapidly spreading skin rash, dizziness or faintness, shortness of breath or swelling to eyes/face, rinse immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
If after coloring or on the following days you experience:
- Problems such as itching, rash, swelling to eyes/face, blistering or skin/scalp weeping, seek immediate medical attention.