Important safety warnings: hair color products may cause allergic reactions, which in rare cases can be severe. Tattoos may increase the risk of allergy to this product. Conduct a skin allergy test 48 hours prior to each application, even if you have already used coloring products before. Remember to buy the product 48 hours in advance. Do not use this product if you have experienced any reaction to hair color products or have sensitive, irritated or damaged scalp. In these cases, do not conduct the skin allergy test and consult a doctor before using any hair color product. Read and follow instructions carefully. In rare cases, use of hair colorants has been associated with temporary or permanent skin depigmentation (skin lightening or loss of color). If you notice any skin depigmentation or other unexpected reaction such as pain or severe itching, discontinue use immediately.
Caution: this product contains ingredients that may cause skin irritation on certain individuals and a preliminary test according to accompanying directions should first be made. This product must not be used for dyeing the eyelashes or eyebrows. To do so may cause blindness. Product not intended to be used on children. Keep out of reach of children.
Important: Safety Instructions
Hair colorants can cause allergic reactions which in rare instances can be severe. Tattoos may increase your risk of allergy, to reduce your risk follow these instructions:
1. Do not use this product at all if:
- You have already experienced any reaction to coloring products.
- You have sensitive, irritated or damaged scalp.
In these cases do not conduct the skin allergy test and consult a doctor before using any haircolor product.
2. Perform a skin allergy test 48 hours before each product use even if you have already used coloring products before.
Skin allergy test instructions
Must be performed 48 hours before you color your hair:
You will need a cotton ball or swab, a plastic bowl and a plastic spoon.
1. Unscrew the cap from the Color Activating Lotion  bottle.
2. Then open the Permanent Color Creme  tube. Unscrew cap and turn tube upside down. Hold tube firmly without squeezing and point the opening away from your face. Push the pointed end of the cap into the seal.
3. Mix small, equal parts of Permanent Color Creme  and Color Activating Lotion  in a plastic bowl.
4. Tightly recap both the Color Activating Lotion  bottle and the Permanent Color Creme  tube.
5. Apply mixture to a test area the size of a quarter in the bend of your elbow. Allow to dry. Use remaining mixture for Strand Test. Do not wash this area for 48 hours. During washing, protect with an adhesive bandage and remove it immediately after washing.
6. Examine the test area during the next 48 hours. If no reaction occurs, you are ready to color. The absence of reaction to this test is no guarantee that an allergic reaction may not occur as a result of a future haircoloring process. However, this test represents an important precaution.Please consult your doctor if you have any doubts.
Note: if a rash, redness, burning or itching occurs you may be allergic. Stop. You must not use this product.
What to do if you have a reaction during or within the next 48 hours of coloring your hair
If during coloring you experience:
- Any stinging or burning and/or rash, rinse immediately and discontinue use as this may be an indication of a more serious reaction. Do not color your hair again before consulting a doctor or seeking medical advice.
- Rapidly spreading skin rash, dizziness or faintness, shortness of breath and/or swelling eyes/face, rinse immediately and seek immediate medical attention. If after coloring or on the following days you experience problems, such as skin itching, skin rash, swelling to eyes/face, blistering and/or skin or scalp weeping seek immediate medical attention.
- This product contains ingredients including hydrogen peroxide, which may cause severe eye irritation and possible permanent eye injury. If any product gets into your eye, flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- We recommend removing contact lenses before applying haircolor. If you must wear contact lenses during application and if any product gets into your eye, remove the lens first, then flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- Never use haircolor on eyebrows or eyelashes or if your scalp is irritated or injured.
- Do not inhale or ingest product.
- Do not use if your hair has been colored with henna or metal dyes.
- Prepare and use the product in a well-ventilated area. If you experience inhalation difficulties, move to fresh air.
- Remove all metal objects from hair before and during coloring.
- Wear gloves and rinse hair well after application.
- Keep product in a cool place away from heat and light. Do not mix this colorant with any other product. Do not keep any unused mixed product. Do not leave the mixture in a closed bottle (bottle may expand or burst).
- Product not intended to be used on children.
Keep all haircoloring products out of reach of children.
Do the Strand Test each time you color to determine optimal timing and color results. Perms, relaxers, previous color, and the sun can affect your results and timing.
You will need: scissors, tape and a clock.
1. Cut a 1/4 inch strand from your roots that is generally not visible (any area NOT along the part line, temples or hairline is best), and tape strand, exposing the root end.
2. Completely cover the exposed root end of the strand with the mixture remaining from Allergy Test. Start timing.
3. After 10 minutes, check root end of the strand. If the root end is not the color you want, leave color on for an additional 5 minutes.