Little Ones One-Piece Custom Drainable Pouch with 1 sided comfort panel
- One-Piece ostomy pouching systems offer the skin barrier/ wafer and pouch as an all-in-one product.
- ConvaTec Little Ones Drainable Pouches have an opening at the bottom of the pouch which allows stool to be drained.
- The drainable pouches are closed and re-closed with separate clip.
- Drainable pouches are typically used by children with liquid stool that can be drained multiple times, daily.
- Developed for children over 4.5kg/ 10 lbs.
© 2007 E.R. Squibb & Sons, L.L.C. Reprinted with permission.
Little Ones One Piece Standard Drainable Pouch with Tailclip Closure w / One-sided comfort panel
The right fit for a child's body
How to use ConvaTec Little Ones One-piece pouching system
Begin by cleansing the skin around your child's stoma with mild, non-oily soap and warm water. If you prefer to use commercial wet wipes on the skin around the stoma, choose a brand that does not contain oils or lotions, since they make it difficult for the pouching system to stick. The skin should be free of any solvent or greasy substances. Pat dry thoroughly.Skin Barrier/Pouch Preparation and Application*
- Measure the stoma size from the base of the stoma with the measuring guide provided. Trace the stoma outline you have selected onto the release paper of the skin barrier. The small starter hole should be in the center of your tracing. (Gloving may not be necessary; consult your healthcare professional).
- Important: Before cutting, separate the front and back panels of the pouch to avoid cutting through the pouch. Pouch should contain a small amount of air. Cut along the tracing with curved, short-blade scissors.
- Cut the center hole the same size as the stoma, using guidelines on the release paper. Do not cut beyond the last line.
- Remove white release paper from the skin barrier.
- If your child has a colostomy/ileostomy and you are using a drainable pouch, it is recommended that you close the pouch prior to application. Remove the release paper from the adhesive strip on the tail closure. Position the closure approximately 1/4" from the end of the pouch tail, on the side of the pouch without the skin barrier. Press in place. Tightly fold the pouch tail upward four times. Tightly fold the tail closure ends toward the side of the pouch with the skin barrier, ensuring the tail is smooth, flat, and not crimped. Remember to empty your child's pouch when it is one-third full. The use of soaps or cleaners in the pouch is not recommended. If desired, rinse only with tepid water.
- If your child has a urostomy and you're using a urostomy pouch, make sure the tap is closed before applying the pouch. Close the drainage tube by bending the outlet spout over to meet the plug. Press the plug fully into the spout.
- Place the pouching system gently in position over your child's stoma.
- Press the skin barrier against the skin, paying particular attention to the area closest to the stoma.
- During application, maintain gentle pressure on the skin barrier for 30 seconds to improve adhesion.
To remove the old pouch, have a wet paper towel or soft wash cloth ready to clean the skin. Hold the edge of the pouch with one hand and push down gently on the skin with your other hand, to release the skin from the pouch and the skin barrier. Go slowly and gently.Discard as necessary.*See the package insert for complete Instructions for Use. For additional help, please refer to your healthcare professional or call the ConvaTec Customer Interaction Center at 1-800-422-8811.
© 2007 E.R. Squibb & Sons, L.L.C.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.3 Product in inches (LxWxH): 7.7x 5.8x 2.2
Item Code: 550135