ConvaTec SUR-FIT AutoLock AutoLock Drainable Pouch One touch locking with 2-sided comfort panel 12 inch opaque 1 3/4 inch
2007 E.R. Squibb & Sons, L.L.C. Reprinted with permission
- Audible click of flange confirms secure connection
- SUR-FIT AutoLock flange locks pouch to skin barrier with light touch
- Flange permits 360 degree rotation of pouch while locked in place, for comfort and ease of use
- Soft durable-sided comfort panels for quite, comfortable wear
SUR-FIT AutoLock Drainable Pouch One touch locking w/2-sided comfort panel
SUR-FIT AutoLock Two-Piece Ostomy System is the one-touch secure and innovative flanging system: pouch locks automatically onto wafer with a single light touch. The two-piece system provides versatility and can be removed or interchanged with other pouch types without removal of the skin barrier/wafer. SUR-FIT AutoLock drainable pouches are composed of a lightweight plastic material that is odor-proof and quiet under clothing.Product Highlights:
Begin by cleansing the peristomal skin with mild soap and water (soaps should be free of oils and creams). Pat dry thoroughly. The skin should be free of any solvent or greasy substances.Skin Barrier/Wafer Preparation
- Measure the stoma size with the measuring guide provided. Select a skin barrier/wafer with a flange (white ring) that is at least 1/2 inch (13mm) larger than the widest diameter of the stoma. If this size is not available, go to the next larger flange size.
- Trace the exact stoma size onto the center white release paper on the back of the skin barrier/wafer. The small starter hole should be in the center of your tracing.
Cut along the tracing with curved, short-blade scissors.
Remove the white release paper. Do not cut or remove the material under the AutoLock lever. Leave the release paper on the outer tape collar in place.
- Stomahesive Paste* can be applied to the back of the skin barrier/wafer to further fill gaps between the skin barrier/wafer and the stoma. Allow the paste to set for one minute prior to application to the skin. (Do not spread the paste.) Application of SUR-FIT AUTOLOCK Skin Barrier/Wafer
- Place the skin barrier/wafer gently over the stoma with the lever in the 12 o'clock position. Press the skin barrier/wafer against the skin, paying particular attention to the area closest to the stoma. During application, maintain gentle pressure on the skin barrier/wafer for 30 seconds to improve adhesion.
- SUR-FIT AutoLock Flexible Skin Barrier/Wafers: After the center disc is in place, remove one side of the release paper on the tape collar and smooth onto the skin. Repeat with the other side, making sure the tape is smooth and wrinkle free.
SUR-FIT AutoLock Durahesive Skin Barrier/Wafers: Important: The Durahesive skin barrier/wafer will swell around the stoma, resulting in a "turtlenecking" effect. This is a normal function of the skin barrier/wafer and will not harm the stoma or prevent flow of urine or stool, even if the stoma is completely covered.Attachment of the SUR-FIT AUTOLOCK Pouch:
Make sure that the inner surfaces of the pouch are separated and that the pouch contains a small amount of air.
Position the pouch flange (white ring) over the skin barrier/wafer flange. With a light touch, snap the pouch onto the skin barrier/wafer. Important: A gentle tug downward on the pouch will confirm that the pouch and skin barrier/wafer are firmly together. You will hear a click as the system locks securely into place.
Use SUR-FIT AutoLock drainable pouches if you have a colostomy/ileostomy. For attachment of the tail clip, fold the bottom of the pouch over the tail clip only once. Press firmly on the center of the clip until it snaps securely closed.*Pouch Removal:
To disconnect the pouch from the skin barrier/wafer, simply move the locking tab to the left or the right and lift the pouch off. Be sure to secure the pouch with your other hand.Skin Barrier/Wafer Removal
Gently pull the skin barrier/wafer down, away from the skin, while supporting the adjacent skin with your other hand.* See package insert for complete Instructions for Use.
Note: For flush or retracted stomas, convex products are recommended to increase wearing time. Please refer to your healthcare professional or ConvaTec Professional Services Department at 1 800-422-8811. SUR-FIT AutoLock may be worn as long as it remains comfortable and secure.
Remember to empty your pouch when it is one-third full. Do not use soap or cleaners in pouch. If desired, rinse only with tepid water.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 1.0 Product in inches (LxWxH): 12.3x 6.3x 2.6
Item Code: 550870