- Environmentally friendly
- Burns for approximately 90 minutes
- Designed to work on any kind of chimney
Non Toxic - Easy, Clean & Safe - Environmentally Friendly
Helps Prevent Chimney Fires
Use every 50 fires or at least once a year
CSL - How it works: The Creosote Sweeping Log burns for approximately 90 minutes, during which it heats the tar on your chimney wall to an ideal treatment temperature. The smoke from CSL is charged with minerals, which are deposited onto the creosote over a several hour period . During the next 15 days, the CSL treatment will continue to work and the creosote will gradually become brittle and break away. Any deposits that remain, will be rendered less flammable.
Compatibility: The Creosote Sweeping Log is designed to work on any kind of chimney, including stainless steel. CSL may also be used in combination wood/oil burning furnaces.
Log measures approximately 11"L x 4"W x 3"H
Instructions for use (see also inside box instructions for details)
- Remove CSL from the box, but do NOT remove the paper cover. Place CSL into your fireplace or wood-stove. Light both ends with a match. For larger fireplaces or those with excessive creosote build-up, light a normal wood fire and wait until the flames die down. Then place CSL on the hot embers. DO NOT put CSL into a burning fire.
- CSL will burn for approximately 90 minutes and will then smoke for several hours, Let CSL burn out completely. Leave any remains in the fireplace or wood-stove. The minerals in the remains will continue to be released and be reduced to ashes with the next fire.
- The treatment will continue for 15 days. The creosote will be rendered less flammable and may begin to fall
- Burning small fires over the next 15 days will continue to cause the creosote to become more brittle and break away from your chimney walls. The particles will either fall back into your fireplace or be lifted away during your next fires.