We help heal.
This facemask has a hydrophilic plastic coating that rapidly absorbs aerosol droplets away from the outer surface of the mask. Safe and comfortable design. Meets the ASTM F2100-11 medical face mask material requirement for level 3 high barrier performance.
This surgical facemask inactivates 99.99% of tested strains of influenza viruses on five minutes contact with the surface of the facemask in laboratory (in-vitro) tests against the following seasonal, pandemic, avian, swine, and equine influenza viruses: influenza A subtypes and strains: H1N1 (the 2009 pandemic flu subtype A/California/07/09, A/Brisbane/59/2007, A/Wisconsin/10/98, A/New Jersey/8/76, A/PR/8/38), H3N2 (A/Brisbane/10/2007, A/Wisconsin/67/2005), H2N2 (A/2/Japan/305/57); the bird flu subtypes: H5N1 (NIBRG-14), H9N2 (A/Turkey/Wisconsin/1966), H5N2 (A/Duck/PA/10218/84); the swine flu subtype: H1N1 (A/Swine/1976/31); the equine flu subtype; H3N8 (A/Equine/2/Miami/63); and influenza B strains: (B/Florida/4/2006, B/Lee/40), under tested contact conditions. Correlation between in-vitro testing results and any clinical event has not been tested. No clinical studies have been conducted comparing the ability of an untreated facemask and these facemasks to protect the wearer from influenza infection. They are intended to be worn by operating room personnel during surgical procedures, to protect both the surgical patient, and the operating room personnel, from the transfer of micro-organisms, body fluids and particulate material.
Made in China
- Prior to use: Check condition of mask. If visibly damaged, discard mask.
- Put loops around ears
- Adjust mask over nose and under chin
- Press forefingers down on both sides of nose
- Check for snug fit and comfort
© 2011 Medline Industries, Inc.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.39 Product in inches (LxWxH): 4.3x 4.4x 6.05
Item Code: 447382
- This mask does not eliminate the risk of contracting any disease or infection
- Replace if damaged or soiled with blood or other bodily fluids
- Do not use if hypersensitive to copper or zinc
- This mask does not contain natural rubber latex
- For use in medical settings only. If mask becomes soiled, please change to a new mask as the antimicrobial agents may not be effective
- For adult use only
The BioFriend™ BioMask™ surgical facemask is a single use disposable device with a hydrophilic plastic coating on the outer layer (active ingredient: citric acid 2%, a pH lowering agent), and a second inner layer treated with metal ions (active ingredients: copper 1.6% and zinc 1.6%, which form ionic bonds with negatively-charged side-groups on influenza viruses).
Outer Layer: Citric Acid - 2 % , Inner Layer: Copper - 1.6 % , Zinc - 1.6 %