Most Americans need to reduce the number of calories they consume. Since lipids or fats contain approximately twice the caloric energy of carbs, minimizing the total fat content in Muscle Milk - while maintaining the overall fat-burning benefits of lean lipids - helps to accomplish this goal.* Leading scientists assessing the true role of fats in increasing lean muscle growth have shown that all fats are not created equal. The type of fat determines whether you use it for muscle energy or store it as body fat. The lean lipids used in Muscle Milk help promote fat loss three ways.*
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), the predigested, "fat burning fats", are more likely burned for muscle energy and heat than stored as fat. Of total lipids, human mother's milk contains approximately 20% MCTs. Muscle Milk replicates this important lipid structure.*
- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids are also less likely to be stored as fat. These lipids are additionally functional, since they enhance mineral retention and anti-inflammatory response.*
- Recent research reveals that calories plus engineered lipids, consumed before and during workouts, promotes leanness. It is thought that these calories are used for workout energy, with fewer deposited as fat.*
Choose carbohydrates wisely: Low-sugar, complex carbs are an important part of a healthy, active lifestyle. Zero-lactose, starch-based complex carbs as formulated here supply energy to the body in the form of glucose. Glucose is the only energy source for red blood cells and the preferred energy source for exercising muscles that are operating anaerobically. It also supplies carbs in the form of fiber, acknowledging that fiber is an important part of a healthy diet.*
Evopro - nature's ultimate anabolic protein-amino blend: Human milk is composed of unique and highly complex proteins, peptides, and amino acids, which together promote rapid muscle tissue growth. Nature created this precise mix to stimulate muscle growth to higher levels, and Evopro models nature by including these same alpha and beta micellar caseins (from calcium and sodium caseinate), L-glutamine, and alphalactalbumin and lactoferrin (from whey). Evopro is your ultimate nitrogen delivery source for muscle development.*
- 33% less fat than original Muscle Milk
- Calories have been reduced from 175 to 150 per serving
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Mix one scoop in 6 fl. oz. water. If your nutritional requirements are greater, mix two scoops in 10-12 fl. oz. water. Your nutritional requirements may vary depending upon gender, body weight, level of activity, work-out/training intensity, total diet and recovery needs..© 2007 CytoSport, Inc.