Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- More than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- For children under 12 years of age
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- You are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- Pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Fever gets worse, or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms: Cough; nasal congestion; sinus congestion and pressure; minor aches and pains; sore throat; headache; temporarily reduces fever; temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage; helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.