For babies ready to move beyond rice cereal. All babies begin life 100% pure - feed them accordingly. From the first spoonful on, you can be sure your baby's rapidly developing little body is getting only pure, healthy, organic nutrition. We take extra steps with our cereal and all our baby foods.
- Unsalted and unsweetened
- Only whole grain
- Never any artificial colors or preservatives
Organic and made with no genetically engineered ingredients: The long term effects of potential pesticide residues are not fully understood, but we do know that the risks are real, especially for infants and children. That's why Earth's Best Organic brings you only organic foods grown without potentially harmful pesticides or herbicides. Earth's Best Organic is also never made with genetically engineered ingredients.
We fortify our cereals with key nutrients including iron, zinc and B vitamins.
- 25% of the daily value for 6 B-complex vitamins that help support a healthy immune and nervous system to help your baby convert food into energy to power their day
- Zinc is an important mineral for infants as it plays a key role during this time of rapid growth and development, as well as cell repair and immune function
- 45% Daily Value of iron for infants
Pediatricians recommend the introduction of iron-rich foods, including fortified cereals, to help maintain adequate iron levels for both breast fed and formula fed infants. Whole grain natural goodness: Unlike processed grains, whole grains are not stripped of nutrients, giving your baby more naturally occurring vitamins and minerals in a gentle, digestible cereal.
Simply mix and serve:
- Pour desired amount of cereal in a bowl
- Stir in liquid (breast milk, formula or water)
- Mix to desired consistency
- Serve as is or warm
- Discard any remaining cereal from feeding
For baby's first feeding: Mix 1 tablespoon of dry cereal with 3-4 tablespoons of breast milk or formula. Increase liquid to reach desired consistency. Gradually increase serving amount over next several feedings.
- Heat liquid of choice* on medium (50%) power for 15 to 30 seconds
- Pour and mix heated liquid thoroughly with cereal to even out temperature
- Test temperature before serving.
*Note: Breast milk should not be microwaved as it breaks down its composition.
Store in a cool dry place. Use within 30 days of opening.
© 2012 The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.