Germ Guardian Air Sanitizer
Size/Count 1.0 ea
- Designed to render germs harmless
- Technology used in many hospitals
- Ideal for typical 10 x 20 foot roommore
- Model EV-9-102
- The Germ Guardian air sanitizer destroys over 99% of common airborne bacteria, viruses and germs.
- That's significantly more effective than any other air sterilizer or purifier.
- Its powerful fan moves air into the sanitization chamber where germs are bombarded with Ultraviolet-C/UV-C light energy, the technology used in many hospitals.
- Germ Guardian's unique reflective aluminum chamber maximizes the effect.
- Germ Guardian is ideal for a typical 10 x 20 foot room and costs just pennies a day to run.
- Plus, there are no filters to clean or replace.
- When the blue light glows, you know UV-C light is destroying germs.
- The EV-9-102 was specifically designed to render germs harmless.
- The airflow and UV-C dose has been optimized to destroy bacteria, viruses, and germs, which pose a health risk.
- This product was laboratory tested by Dr. Melvin First, Professor Emer. of Environmental Health Engineering, at the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Dr. First is a leading world authority on Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation.
- Test results indicate that the Germ Guardian is capable of destroying over 99% of airborne influenza, strep, staph and other infectious agents.
- It also helps destroy mold spores and bacterial cells.
- The Germ Guardian air sanitizer features a 9-watt Ultra Violet-C/UV-C light module and a whisper-quite fan rated at 23 cubic feet per minute.
- The total system consumes less than 20 watts of power.
- Patent Pending UV-C Module:
- The 9-watt UV-C module is effective for at least 8,000 hours. This is almost a full year of continuous use.
- Over time, with use, the UV-C bulb will lose some intensity, about 15% at 9,000 hours.
- Therefore, if you use the Germ Guardian on a continuous or frequent basis we suggest changing the module annually.
- Many customers replace their module at the Fall Daylight Savings.
- Time change, roughly, the beginning of flu season.
- Depending on dust conditions and build-up, you may need to occasionally clean the bulb and cylinder with a dry, soft cloth.
- Use of the Germ Guardian Unit:
- The Germ Guardian unit will deliver the best results when located in an area where people frequently spend time, such as your office, kitchen, family room or a child's nursery.
- Best air flow results when the unit is placed on a table or countertop.
- Continuous operation will provide maximum air sanitization.
- To regulate Germ Guardian's airflow simply turn the knob on the front panel clockwise for increased flow.
- All Germ Guardian Air Sterilizers are warranted for a period of five - 5 - years from the date of shipment.
- The UV-C module is specifically excluded from this warranty.
- Use only a Guardian Technologies replacement module. See the Owner's Manual for UV-C module changing instructions.
- The Germ Guardian contains no serviceable parts.
- Due to the unique technology of the Germ Guardian, all repairs must be performed by Guardian Technologies.
- Any unauthorized repair or tampering with the Germ Guardian voids this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover misuse or abuse.
- Important Safety Instructions:
- Read and save these instructions before using this product.
- The Germ Guardian unit has been designed to provide years of safe and trouble free operation.
- The metal enclosure is both attractive and virtually indestructible in normal use. It has been laboratory tested to assure that it meets the highest safety standards for in home use.
- When using this appliance basic precautions should be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury.
- Always unplug the Germ Guardian unit from electric outlet when servicing.
- Setup and Operation:
- Place the unit safely on a table, counter or floor area and plug into a 120 VAC electrical outlet.
- Orient the unit towards the area where people would be sitting or into the room.
- Switch the power to the on position.
- Adjust the knob next to the power switch, adjust the fan speed to the desired setting. Turn the knob clockwise for a higher speed.
- Enjoy your maintenance-free air sterilizer. You are now breathing sterilized air.
- Since the Germ Guardian costs only pennies per day to operate, for best results, continuous operation is recommended.
- The Germ Guardian unit contains no serviceable parts except its UV-C module.
- The Germ Guardian unit contains no serviceable parts except its UV-C module. The module may be removed for replacement, or to clean the UV-C bulb and cylinder.
- Replacing and cleaning the UV-C Module:
- Unplug the unit from the electrical outlet.
- Using a small Phillips head screwdriver, loosen and remove the Phillips screw located at the top of the unit, directly above the power cord.
- Remove the top cap by lifting its side near the screw hole, then gently pushing the cap in the opposite direction.
- As the cap loosens, you may lift it off.
- Remove the Phillips screws located on each side of the bulb holder.
- You will notice an internal plug inside the unit. Unplug by grasping on the end.
- Lift the bulb holder from the center of the cylinder. Do not touch the bulb with your hand.
- If cleaning, insert a soft dry cloth into the cylinder and remove once or twice. Wipe the bulb and holder with a dry, clean, soft cloth.
- This should clean the module sufficiently and you may now replace by reversing steps 1 through 6.
5 Year Warranty.
This product has no shipping restrictions.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 5.39 Product in inches (LxWxH): 6.6x 6.6x 18.0
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 5.39 Product in inches (LxWxH): 6.6x 6.6x 18.0
Item Code: 605873
- Use this product only as described in this manual.
- Operate this product on 120VAC, 60HZ only.
- To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this equipment has a polarized plug - one blade is wider than the other. This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact qualified personnel to install the proper outlet. Do not alter the plug in any way.
- Do not operate this product with a damaged cord or if there is any physical damage to the unit.
- This product is for in door use only.
- Do not operate this product in any area where there is a risk of the unit falling into or being exposed to water.
- Always unplug the unit before servicing.
- Close supervision is necessary when this unit is operated near children.
- Do not carry this unit by the cord or use the cord as a handle.
- Do not handle the unit or plug with wet hands.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug the unit by pulling on the cord. Grasp the plug itself, when unplugging from an outlet.
- Do not put any object into the openings or block the airflow to the unit.
- UV-C is emitted from the module when the unit is electrified. Severe eye injury or skin irritation could result. Do not operate the unit if the enclosure is damaged. Do not expose to skin or eyes to within 3 inches of the air intake or output for a period of 3 hours or more. Skin or eye irritation could result.
- UV-C light is emitted from the module when the unit is electrified. Severe eye injury or skin irritation could result. Avoid exposure of eyes and skin to unshielded light energy by unplugging the unit when servicing the module.
- Discard the old module by following the recommended disposal procedure for a used fluorescent bulb.
- The UV-C module is essentially a light bulb with a plug attached. It should only be used in the Germ Guardian unit and all instructions for use must be followed.
- Misapplying or misusing the UV-C bulb or module could cause injury to the eyes or skin. Never use the module or bulb without installing it in the unit as instructed. Never operate the unit without the top cap in place.
- This product can be serviced or maintained only by changing the UV-C module. The module contains no serviceable parts. All parts, except the UV-C module, are warranted for five full years from date of purchase.
- Replacement modules may be obtained by sending an email. You may purchase modules directly from Guardian Technologies LLC, or we can provide the names of retailers who stock our products.