- One nit comb included
- Apply Lice Killing Shampoo according to labels directions
- Repeat 7 to 10 days later to help prevent reinfestation
- After step 1, apply Egg & Nit Combing gel on damp hair to make removal faster and easier (sold separately)
- Comb out the eggs and nits in the hair with a fine tooth comb or with the nit comb (included)
- Use Lice Bedding Spray to kill lice and their eggs on mattresses, furniture, car interiors and other non-washable items (sold separately)
- Wash bed linens, clothing and other items in hot water and dry in high heat
- check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- examine small sections of hair at a time
- unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- if either lice or nits are found, treat with this product
- apply thoroughly to DRY HAIR or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and back of neck
- allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer
- use warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly rinse
- for head lice towel dry hair and comb out tangles
- use a fine tooth or special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw away glove)
- hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits
- if hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water
- for head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of the head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours
- lift a 1 to 2 inch wide strand of hair, place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp
- pin back each strand of hair after combing
- clean comb often, wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back
- after combing thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing as necessary
- check daily for any lice/nits that you missed
- Do not transport or store below 32° F (0° C). Do not reuse empty container. Wrap container and put in trash.
Maximum Strength Lice Treatment
1-2-3 Lice Elimination System
Works fast to kill lice and eggs
1-2-3- Lice Elimination System
Three easy steps designed to completely eliminate lice from your family and home
Step 1 Kill Lice
Step 2 Comb out Eggs & Nits
Step 3 Home Cleaning
Compare to active ingredients if RID® Lice Killing Shampoo
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Shake Well before using
In order to prevent reinfestation with body lice, all clothing must be sterilized concurrent with the application of this preparation.
Important: Read warnings before use.
Adults and children 2 years and over
Reminder: before applying this product do not wet hair.
Remove lice and their eggs (nits):
A second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice.
If infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments
Children under 2 years: Ask a Doctor
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.43 Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.5x 5.15x 1.95
Item Code: 235310
Keep out of reach of children.
For external use only.
Allergy alert: use with caution on persons allergic to ragweed
Ask a doctor before use if you have skin irritation or infection, infestation of eyebrows or eyelashes
When using this product
do not use near the eyes or allow contact with mucous membranes, such as the inside of nose, mouth or vagina, as irritation may occur
keep out of eyes when rinsing hair
adults and children: close eyes tightly, do not open eyes until product is rinsed out
protect children's eyes with washcloth, towel or other suitable material or by a similar method
if product gets into the eyes flush with water right away
Stop use and ask a doctor if skin irritation or infection develops
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- head lice
- pubic (crab) lice
- body lice
Piperonyl Butoxide Technical (4%)Lice Treatment , Pyrethrum Extract (0.33%)Lice Treatment
Benzyl Alcohol , C13 14 Isoparaffin , Fragrance , Polyoxyethylene (1,1,3,3-Tetramethyl butyl) , Phenyl Ether , Water , Xanthan Gum