- Two pedal pink 28 gram beads (one foundation bead with retraction leash and one crown bead)
- Two powder blue 37 gram beads (one foundation bead with retraction leash and one crown bead)
The LUNA pleasure bead system is a combined pleasure / fitness system for the circum vaginal and pelvic floor (PC) muscles. Developed as a modular alternative to traditional geisha-balls, LUNA offers the advantage of increased resistance over time. Her movement-induced subtle vibe makes for more efficient, fun and pleasurable Kegel-exercising. Indeed, performing daily Kegels helps restrain and prevent stress incontinence, but benefits moreover include increased neuromuscular control, enhanced sensation and ultra-intense orgasms.
Your basic LUNA bead system consists of a silicone composition girdle and four weighted beads. The weight of each bead is identified by its lucent color:
The weight range within the basic system is 28 to 74 grams.
(Note: For an illustration, please see page 5 of the User's Manual.)
The foundation beads can be used individually or combined with a crown bead utilizing the composition girdle.
- Thread the retraction leash, on the foundation bead of your choice, through the leash opening in foundation bead nook on the composition guide.
- Push the foundation beads into place, making sure the edges of the nook firmly slot into place and trace the contours of the girdle imprint on the foundation bead.
- Select a crown bead. Push the bead into place, making sure the edges of the crown nook firmly slot into place and trace the contours of the girdle guide imprint on the the crown bead.
Depending on your level of vaginal and pelvic floor fitness, you may wish to start out with a single foundation bead and gradually progress to compositions involving two beads and more weight. Of main importance is that the composition you opt for feels comfortable.
Inserting LUNA Beads
Inserting LUNA beads is comparable to how you would go about inserting a tampon. As LUNA beads have a wider girth, however, some additional tricks apply.
- To facilitate easy insertion, apply a small amount of lubricant on the leading end of the bead(s) you intend to use. Avoid using too much as this will make the bead(s) slippery and difficult to hold in place.
- Lie on your back and introduce the leading end of the bead(s) into your vagina with a firm but gentle push. If you experience difficulties, raise your pelvis so that gravity can assist you. Some women find that a standing position, with one leg raised, works better for them.
- If you are using two beads and the composition girdle, insert the crown bead first. Due to the gap between the two beads, once the crown bead is inserted, the vaginal muscles may try to push it out before you can insert the foundation bead. Take a deep breath and relax.
The bead(s) should be positioned so that the lower edge of the foundation bead is at least 2 cm inside you. Of main importance is that the foundation bead rests above your pelvic floor (PC) muscle. The exact distance from your vaginal opening to PC muscle differs between women, but the bead(s) should be positioned comparable to how you would normally position a tampon.
Always allow the retraction leash to protrude slightly from the vagina as to facilitate removal of the bead(s).
(Note: For an illustration, please see page 8 of the User's Manual.)
Using LUNA Beads
If your intended use of the LUNA bead system is primarily exercise purposes, it is important that you incorporate them into your daily routine and adhere to a fixed program.
Depending on your level of vaginal and pelvic floor fitness, it may take up to twelve (12) weeks of daily 30 minute "Kegel" / LUNA Bead sessions to achieve noticeable results.
At the outset of using LUNA beads as part of your Kegel-routine, you may feel slightly uncomfortable, as your body will be very "aware" of them. You may also find that the bead(s) tend to slip out after only a few minutes. If this happens, do not worry and persist with the program. As your muscles become stronger, they will automatically hold the bead(s) in place.
Efficient vaginal and pelvic floor muscle exercising will mainly arise:
- When you walk, run, swim or move about, the motion causes the inner balls to move, creating a subtle kinetic vibe stimulating the vaginal muscles.
- When you are standing or moving about, gravity will instigate spontaneous PC-muscle contractions as the muscles are trying to prevent the bead(s) from slipping out.
Cleaning, Storage and Safety
The lifespan of your LUNA beads will be greatly increased with proper maintenance and care.
LELO recommends that you do NOT use silicone-based lubricants with LUNA as this could make the silicone composition girdle permanently tacky. If you wish to use a silicone-based lubricant, perform a patch-test first. Water-based lubricant is the safest option.
Always disassemble and clean each part of the LUNA bead system thoroughly before and after each use. Clean using warm water and antibacterial soap, pat dry with a lint-free cloth or towel.
Never use massage oil or hand cream as lubricants or cleansers containing alcohol, petrol or acetone.
Store your LUNA pleasure bead system in a dust-free place and keep away from toys of other materials.
Do NOT use the LUNA pleasure bead system during pregnancy.
© 2007 LELOi AB
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.31 Product in inches (LxWxH): 5.25x 4.0x 2.5
Item Code: 141989
- Do NOT use silicone-based lubricants with this product.
- Never use massage oil or hand cream as lubricants or cleansers containing alcohol, petrol or acetone.
- Keep this product away from toys of other materials.
- Do NOT use the LUNA pleasure bead system during pregnancy.
Users of this pleasure object uses the pleasure object at his/her own risk. Neither LELO nor its retailers assumes any responsibility or liability for the use of this pleasure object.
Model may be changed for improvements without notice.