Lunette Selene Menstrual Cup Blue5.0 2.0
Size/Count 1.0 ea
- Reusable menstrual protection
- Easy-to-use and safe
- Hygienic alternative to pads & tampons
- Easy to use
The Lunette menstrual cup is as easy-to-use as a non-applicator tampon. Simply fold and insert.
- Hygienic & Safe
Lunette menstrual cup doesn’t absorb moisture like tampons or cause sweating like pads. Lunette is made of soft medical grade silicone, not of rubber latex.
The average woman spends between $48 – 84 per year on disposable tampons and pads. The Lunette is a one-time cost that will last for years. That saves you a chunk of money!
- Environmentally friendly
A Lunette menstrual cup is an eco-thing. It will last for years and during the cup's lifespan, there will be no waste to dispose of – no accumulation of plastic applicators, wrappers or bio-waste from used tampons and pads.
- Made of medical-grade silicone in Finland
- Hypoallergenic, latex-free, odorless, and safe
- Affordable and environmentally friendly - with proper care it will last for years
- A sanitary and healthy alternative to disposable tampons and pads
- Easy-to-use, practical, and comfortable. It needs to be emptied only two to four times a day and can be used overnight
- Safe since it is not conducive to dampness, outbreaks of vaginal candidiasis, cystitis or toxic shock syndrome. In fact, TSS has not been linked to the use of menstrual cups
- Suitable to be worn during sports and other physical activities
- Easy to clean and disinfect between periods by boiling briefly in water or washing with rubbing alcohol
- Designed for women of all ages and sizes
- Also designed for women who have not yet engaged in sexual intercourse as well as those who use an IUD or contraceptive ring. However, if you are planning on using Lunette together with an IUD, we recommend discussing it with your doctor
- Enables you to monitor your flow by providing measuring lines on the inside of the cup (5 ml and 13.5 ml in size 1, 7.5 ml and 15 ml in size 2). The lining of the cup is totally smooth and the tab is flat, making cleaning very easy
- Not to be used during post-natal bleeding due to the risk of inflammation
- Not disruptive to the natural lubricating ability of the vagina, nor does it dry out the vaginal mucus membrane
- Replace the Lunette menstrual cup when any signs of damage are observed
- The device should sit in the lower vagina as a receptacle for blood and cellular debris that is extruded from the uterus via the cervix during menstruation. If the cervix is obstructed, you could experience severe cramping
- The Lunette menstrual cup is not a contraceptive device nor can it be used during sexual intercourse
- The Lunette menstrual cup does not protect its user from sexually transmitted diseases
Remember to wash your hands carefully when handling the Lunette menstrual cup
- Do not use the Lunette menstrual cup for more than 12 hours at a time without washing it properly
- Remove the Lunette and contact a physician if you experience symptoms such as general pain, burning, irritation, inflammation in the genital area, or discomfort during urination
Lunette - A Menstruation Innovation
Over the past 70 years, a woman's choice for internal menstrual care has pretty much been limited to tampons. Wouldn't you like something better, something . . . nicer?
Now there is an alternative that is healthier for our bodies, our environment and our pocketbook - the Lunette menstrual cup. Made in Finland, the Lunette menstrual cup is an easy-to-use, safe, and clean alternative to pads and tampons. Using a Lunette is similar to using a tampon but requires less changing. Made of medical-grade silicone, a non-friendly environment for bacteria, menstrual cups are simply washed and reused. Not to mention, menstrual cups create zero waste. That's nice!
What are you waiting for? Try a healthier alternative for handling your period that will not limit you or compromise the environment. Go out there and live your life to the fullest – all month every month!
The Lunette Cup Is:
Made in Finland
*For hygienic reasons, once this personal care product is opened it cannot be returned.
Using the Lunette cup
Before first use, check that the air holes at the top of your cup are open. Wash your hands and clean the Lunette cup by washing with water and a mild soap. Then boil it in a large amount of water for 20 minutes before first use. Make sure that there is enough water so that the cup does not burn on the bottom.
TIP: Place the cup in a wire whisk to prevent contact with the bottom of the pan during boiling.
First, wash your hands with a mild, un-perfumed soap and water. When using the cup for the first time, you can lubricate it with water or a water-based lubricant to aid insertion.
Fold the Lunette menstrual cup in on itself as shown in the picture. To do this squeeze the cup flat then fold it in half so that the rim makes a "C" shape as illustrated to the right. Two other fold options are also illustrated below: the "punch down" and "triangle" fold.
Hold the cup firmly in its folded position and guide it rim-first into the vagina.
You can insert the cup while sitting, standing or squatting; spreading your legs will facilitate insertion. You will find the correct position in the vagina by practicing and getting to know your own anatomy. Unlike a tampon, the cup is positioned in the lower part of vagina, but beyond the pelvic bone. In order to avoid leaks, make sure that the cup has opened properly by rotating the cup after insertion.
To remove the cup, first wash your hands in clean water and relax your muscles. Break the seal by squeezing the bottom part of the cup until you feel or hear the suction release. Now gently rock the cup from side to side while pulling down. Be sure not to pull it out by the tab alone ┐ this will cause the contents to spill and may hurt as well. Always pull the cup out while pinching the ridged bottom of the cup. Be careful not to damage the tab or cup with your nails. Tip the contents into the lavatory.
Rinse and re-use
Wash the Lunette cup carefully in warm water and soap to clean it sufficiently before reinsertion. Use mild and perfume-free soap for washing (maybe our own wash). The cup should first be rinsed in cold water, so that menstrual blood does not stain the cup or make it develop an odor. When water is not available or it is not convenient to boil the cup for 5 minutes, it is okay to wipe the cup with toilet paper and/or a Lunette Disinfecting wipe. You can give it a wash the next time.
Care of the Lunette menstrual cup
After its last use of your period, wash the Lunette menstrual cup carefully and store it in its own satin bag for proper ventilation. Do not store the menstrual cup in a hermetic container or plastic bag. The Lunette should be cleaned before and after your cycle and after emptying. To clean the cup between periods, wash with water and a mild perfume-free soap, then place in a pan of boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes. If this is not available, use the disinfecting wipes until clean boiling water is accessible.
Keep the Lunette menstrual cup away from children and pets, especially rodents
©Lune Group Ltd
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.11 Product in inches (LxWxH): 4.4x 3.4x 1.7