Therapy for regularity:
Put one dose into an empty glass. Mix this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning. Stir briskly and drink promptly. If mixture thickens, add more liquid and stir.
- Adults 12 yrs and older: 1 rounded tablespoon in 8 oz of liquid at the first sign of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily. Generally produces effect in 12-72 hours
- 6-11 yrs: 1/2 adult dose in 8 oz liquid, up to 3 times daily
- Under 6 yrs: Consult a doctor
Bulk-forming fibers like psyllium husk may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine. As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
New users: Start with 1 dose per day; gradually increase to 3 doses per day as necessary.
Daily fiber supplement:
Adults 12 yrs and older: Put 1 rounded tablespoon into an empty glass and mix with 8 oz of liquid up to 3 times daily for daily fiber supplement; 3 times daily to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels* and for cholesterol lowering to promote heart health.
Under 12 yrs: Consult a doctor.
See mixing directions in Drug Facts.
Note: Mix this product with at least 8 oz (a full glass) of liquid. Taking without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take if you have difficulty swallowing.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease..Other Information:
- Each tablespoon: potassium 30 mg, sodium 5 mg
- Store at room temperature tightly closed to protect from humidity
© 2012 P&G