Metamucil MultiHealth Fiber Powder Supplement Original Coarse4.8 8.0
Size/Count 29.0 oz.
- Treats occasional constipation
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Low glycemic index
The same great psyllium fiber that consumers have trusted for over 75 years!
- 100% natural psyllium
- Helps lower cholesterol to promote heart health*
- Promotes digestive health*
- Low glycemic index*
- Gluten free (less than 20 ppm gluten)*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This product has a low glycemic index, a measure of the effect of dietary carbohydrates on blood sugar levels. If you have specific dietary needs, you should consult your doctor before consuming this product.
Adults 12 years and older:
- 1 rounded Teaspoon 3 times daily for daily fiber supplement.
- 1 rounded Teaspoon 3 times daily to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels and for cholesterol lowering to promote heart health.
Under 12 years of age:
- Consult a doctor.
Notice: Mix this product with at least 8 oz (a full glass) of liquid. Taking without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take if you have difficulty swallowing.
Fiber Therapy for Regularity Direction:
- Fiber laxative
- Effective in treating occasional constipation and restoring regularity
Put one serving into an empty glass. Mix this product (child or adult serving) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning. Stir briskly and drink promptly. If mixture thickens, add more liquid and stir.
- Adults 12 years and older: 1 rounded Teaspoon in 8 oz of liquid at the first sign of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily. Generally produces effect in 12 to 72 hours.
- 6-11 years: 1/2 adult serving in 8 oz of liquid, up to 3 times daily.
- Under 6 years: Consult a doctor.
Bulk-forming fibers like psyllium husk may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine. As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
New Users: Start with 1 serving per day; gradually increase to 3 servings per day as necessary.
- Each teaspoon contains: Potassium 30 mg; Sodium 5 mg
- Store at room temperature tightly closed to protect from humidity.
- See bottom of canister for expiration date.
- Contains a 100% natural, therapeutic fiber.
©Procter & Gamble
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 2.13 Product in inches (LxWxH): 3.7x 3.7x 7.7
Item Code: 603325
Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Allergy alert: This product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- A sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks
- Abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Constipation lasts more than 7 days
- Rectal bleeding occurs
These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Effective in treating occasional constipation and restoring regularity.
Psyllium Husk Apporximately 3.4 g
|Serving Size : 1 Teaspoon, 1 Tsp
Serving per Container : 114
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily value*|
|Sodium 5 mg||<1%|
|Potassium 30 mg||<1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber 3 g||12%|
|Soluble fiber 2 g|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Iron 0.4 mg||2%|
|Calories 25 Calories|