Metamucil Sugar Free MultiHealth Fiber Texture Powder Supplement Berry Smooth5.0 3.0
100% natural psyllium daily fiber supplement.
- Promotes digestive health^
- Low glycemic index*^
- Gluten free (less than 20 ppm gluten)
- Sugar-free (not a low calorie product)
- Artificially flavored
^These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*See supplement information about soluble fiber and heart disease and for information about low glycemic index and gluten.
Drug: Put one dose into an empty glass. Mix this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning. Stir briskly and drink promptly. If mixture thickens, add more liquid and stir.
- Adults 12 years & older: 1 Rounded teaspoon in 8 oz of liquid at the first sign of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily. Generally produces effect in 12-72 hours.
- 6-11 years: 1/2 Adult dose in 8 oz of liquid, up to 3 times daily
- Under 6 years: Consult a doctor
- New Users: Start with 1 dose per day; gradually increase to 3 doses per day as necessary
Bulk-forming fibers like psyllium husk may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine. As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
- Each teaspoon contains: Potassium 35 mg; Sodium 5 mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine, 16 mg per teaspoon
- Store at room temperature tightly closed to protect from humidity
- See bottom of canister for expiration date
- Contains a 100% natural, therapeutic fiber
- Adults 12 years & older: 1 Rounded teaspoon in 8 oz of liquid up to 3 times daily for daily fiber supplement; 3 times daily for cholesterol lowering to promote heart health.
- Under 12 years: Consult a doctor.
See mixing directions in Drug Facts.
©2010 Procter & Gamble
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 1.8 Product in inches (LxWxH): 3.7x 3.65x 7.65
Item Code: 567340
Notice: Mix this product with at least 8 oz (a full glass) of liquid. Taking without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take if you have difficulty swallowing.
Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Allergy alert: This product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- A sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks
- Abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Constipation lasts more than 7 days
- Rectal bleeding occurs
These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, contact a doctor or a Poison Control Center right away.
Psyllium Husk Approximately 3.4 g
Acesulfame Potassium , Artificial Flavor , Aspartame , Citric Acid , FD&C Blue No. 1 , FD&C Red No. 40 , Malic Acid , Maltodextrin
|Serving Size : 1 rounded tsp
Serving per Container : 114
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily value*|
|Sodium 5 mg||<1%|
|Potassium 35 mg||<1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber 2 g|
|Iron 0.5 mg||4%|