Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
When using this product
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not use more than directed
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Your child gets nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- Symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fever
- Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness
Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive. Temporarily relieves: Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants, the intensity of coughing, the impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep, nasal congestion due to a cold, stuff nose.