Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
When using this product
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not use more than directed
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact Poison Control Center right away.
- Your child gets nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- Symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fever
- Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache
These could be signs of a serious illness
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known in the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/.
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- Temporarily relieves:
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- The intensity of coughing
- The impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep
- Nasal congestion due to a cold
- Stuffy nose