Nexcare First Aid Reusable Cold/Hot Pack4.7 83.0
Size/Count 1.0 ea
- Use cold for pain and swelling
- Use hot for muscle aches and stiffness
- Promotes healing, hospital proven
This product provides flexible ice or soothing heat. Use cold for pain and swelling, or hot for soothing muscle aches and stiffness. Ideal for bumps, bruises and sprains. It includes a protective cover with elastic strap to secure the hot/cold pack in place.
- Hospital proven
- Helps promote healing
Made in USA and China
- Hot use instructions:
- Hot therapy should not be used until 48 hours after the injury.
- Heat only when pack is at room temperature.
- Hot water heating:
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Remove water from heat. Place pack in heated water for no more than 7 minutes.
- Remove pack carefully from water. Check for leaks.
- Microwave heating:
- Lay pack flat in the microwave oven on a paper towel or paper plate.
- Heat at full power for 20 seconds. If pack expands like a balloon: Stop heating. Pack is too hot. Let pack cool. Check for leaks.
- Remove pack carefully from microwave oven and knead to distribute heat evenly. Check for desired temperature (See applying Hot Pack to Skin).
- To reheat, place pack back in microwave for 15 second intervals until desired temperature is reached. Knead pack again to distribute heat.
- Applying hot pack to skin:
- Check for leaks.
- Insert pack in cover or wrap in cloth.
- Check for desired temperature by carefully placing covered pack against forearm. If too hot, let cool. When comfortable, apply to desired area. Remove pack if it becomes uncomfortable.
- Cold Use Instructions:
- Cold therapy is recommended for the first 48 hours following the injury.
- Store cold pack in freezer for at least two hours.
- Applying cold pack to skin:
- Insert cold pack in cover or wrap cloth.
- Apply cold pack to desired area. Remove pack if it becomes uncomfortable. Do not apply for longer than 20 minutes at a time.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.77 Product in inches (LxWxH): 1.72x 4.6x 4.54
Item Code: 557544
- For hot or cold use:
- Check for leaks before use. Throw away if leaking.
- Individuals with problems in sensing heat or cold should use extreme caution with this product.
- For external use only. Adult supervision is recommended when using on children.
- Use with cover or wrap in a cloth for insulation.
- Talk to your doctor if you have questions about the injury or if swelling or pain persists.
- Do not lie on top of pack, as it could cause pack to break.
- To avoid burns:
- Do not over heat pack. Check temperature before use.
- Do not use heat therapy with external pain killing products.
- To avoid frostbite:
- Cold therapy should not exceed 20 minutes at a time.
Suggested First Aid: If contents contact skin or eyes, remove pack immediately. Thoroughly flush with water. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call a doctor or poison control center immediately.