Sticks Well, Yet Removes Easily
- Gentle to Skin
- Highly Breathable Backing
- Comfortable to Wear
Nexcare™ Opticlude™ Orthoptic Eye Patch is used to treat amblyopia in children. Amblyopia, or “lazy eye,” is a common condition among children and is caused by strabismus--a condition where the eyes are misaligned - or eye conditions such as near-sightedness, far-sightedness or astigmatism. Nexcare Opticlude Orthoptic Eye Patches feature a gentle, hypoallergenic adhesive and highly breathable backing. These doctor-recommended orthoptic eye patches stick well and are easily removed.
1. For best adhesion, first clean and dry skin around eye.
2. Carefully peel the paper liner from the eye patch.
3. Gently close both eyes keeping facial muscles relaxed. Do not close eyes so tightly wrinkles appear.
4. Center eye patch over the affected eye with the narrow end toward the nose. Do not stretch or pull skin.
5. Gently secure patch in place by pressing tape outward with light finger tip pressure.
6. Replace eye patch according to physician's direction, when soiled, or when it no longer adheres. To remove eye patch:
Slowly peel edges toward the center of the eye. Gently push eye lid away from the patch.
©2001 3M Health Care