Sticks Well, Yet Removes Easily
- Gentle to Skin
- Highly Breathable Backing
- Comfortable to Wear
Nexcare™ Opticlude™ Orthoptic Eye Patch is used to treat amblyopia in children. Amblyopia, or “lazy eye,” is a common condition among children and is caused by strabismus--a condition where the eyes are misaligned - or eye conditions such as near-sightedness, far-sightedness or astigmatism. Nexcare Opticlude Orthoptic Eye Patches feature a gentle, hypoallergenic adhesive and highly breathable backing. These doctor-recommended orthoptic eye patches stick well and are easily removed.
- For best adhesion, first clean and dry skin around eye.Carefully peel the paper liner from the eye patch.
- Gently close both eyes keeping facial muscles relaxed. Do not close eyes so tightly wrinkles appear.
- Center eye patch over the affected area with the narrow end toward the nose. Do not stretch or pull skin.
- Gently secure patch in place by pressing tape outward with light finger tip pressure.
- Replace eye patch according to physician's direction, when soiled, or when it no longer adheres.
To Remove Eye Patch: Slowly peel edges toward the center of the eye. Gently push eye lid away from the patch.
(c) 3M 1998