If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- If you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine gum or other nicotine containing products
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate
- High blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure
- An allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems because you are more likely to get rashes
When using this product
- Using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
- Taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not smoke even when not wearing the patch. The nicotine in your skin will still be entering your blood stream for several hours after you take off the patch
- If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove this patch at bedtime
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together. Replace in pouch and discard..
- Skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rash
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeat
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known in the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/.