Nicoderm CQ Smoking Cessation Aid, Step 1 21mg Clear4.4 152.0
Size/Count 14.0 ea
- Reduces nicotine withdrawal symptoms
- Very thin patches
- Controls how fast you receive nicotine
Read carton and enclosed User's Guide before using this product. Keep the carton and User's Guide. They contain important information.
- if you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
before using the product, read the enclosed user's guide for complete directions and other information
- stop smoking completely when you begin using the patch
- if you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use according to the following 10 week schedule
Use one 21 mg patch/day
Use one 14 mg patch/day
Use one 7mg patch/day
Weeks 1 - 6
Weeks 7 - 8
Weeks 9- 10
- if you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, do not use Step 1 (21mg). Start with Step 2 (14mg) for 6 weeks, then Step 3 (7mg) for 2 weeks and then stop.
- steps 2 and 3 allow you to gradually reduce your level of nicotine. Completing the full program will increase your chances of quitting successfully.
- apply one new patch every 24 hours on skin that is dry, clean and hairless
- remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds.
- wash hands after applying or removing patch. Throw away the patch in the enclosed disposal tray. See enclosed user's guide for safety and handling.
- you may wear the patch for 16 to 24 hours.
- if you crave cigarettes when you wake up, wear the patch for 24 hours.
- if you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morning
- the used patch should be removed and a new one applied to a different skin site at the same time each day
- do not wear more than one patch at a time
- do not cut patch in half or into smaller pieces
- do not leave patch on for more than 24 hours because it may irritate your skin and lose strength after 24 hours
- stop using the patch at the end of 10 weeks. If you started with Step 2, stop using the patch at the end of 8 weeks. If you still feel the need to use the patch talk to your doctor
Store at 20 -25°C (68 - 77°F)
©2000 SmithKline Beecham
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.38 Product in inches (LxWxH): 1.8x 5.45x 5.45
Item Code: 690960
Do not use: If you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use a nicotine gum or other nicotine containing products
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease, recent heart attack or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
- high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure
- an allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems because you are more likely to get rashes
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
- taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted
When using this product
- do not smoke even when not wearing the patch. The nicotine in your skin will still be entering your blood stream for several hours after you take off the patch.
- If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove this patch at bedtime
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rash
- irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeat
If pregnant or breast-feeding ask a health professional before use. Nicotine can increase your baby's heart rate. First try to stop smoking without the nicotine patch. Keep out of reach of children or pets. Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets. If swallowed, get medical help or contract a Poison Control Center right away. Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together and inserting in disposal try in the box.
Nicotine (21 mg)per patch
Ethylene/Vinyl Acetate Copolymer , Polyisobutylene, High Density Polyethylene Between Clear Polyster Backings
|Serving Size : 1 Patch
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily value*|