Do not use: If you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use a nicotine gum or other nicotine containing products
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease, recent heart attack or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase our heart rate.
- high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure
- an allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems because you are more likely to get rashes
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
- taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted
When using this product
- do not smoke even when not wearing the patch. The nicotine in your skin will still be entering your blood stream for several hours after you take off the patch.
- If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove this patch at bedtime
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rash
- irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeat
If pregnant or breast-feeding ask a health professional before use. Nicotine can increase your baby's heart rate. First try to stop smoking without the nicotine patch. Keep out of reach of children or pets. Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets. If swallowed, get medical help or contract a Poison Control Center right away. Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together and inserting in disposal tray in the box.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known in the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/.