Nix Complete Lice Treatment System
- Nix Creme Rinse (Permethrin)
- Metal Lice Comb with Detangling Feature
- Disposable Application Gloves
- Hair Salon Cape
- 5' X 5' Drop Cloth
- All household members should be checked by another person for lice and/or nits (eggs).
- Use a magnifying glass in bright light to help you see the lice and nits (eggs).
- Use a tool, such as a comb or two unsharpened pencils to lift and part the hair.
- Look for tiny nits near the scalp, beginning at the back of the neck and behind the ears.
- Small sections of hair (1-2 inches wide) should be examined at a time.
- Unlike dandruff, nits stick to the hair. Dandruff should move when lightly touched.
- If either lice or nits (eggs) are found, treat with Creme Rinse.
- Wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contain a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of Nix. Rinse with water.
- Towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet.
- Shake the bottle of Nix well.
- Completely saturate the hair and scalp with Nix. Begin to apply NIX behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
- Keep Nix out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- Leave NIX on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longer.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Towel dry hair and comb out tangles.
- If live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given.
- Remove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out.
- Use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits.
- If the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water.
- Part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).
- Start at the top of the head on the section you have picked.
- With one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- Use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits.
- Clean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back.
- After combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessary.
- Check the affected head daily to remove any nits that you might have missed.
The #1 Choice of Pharmacists
Single Application Kills Lice & Their Eggs and Prevents Reinfestation For 14 Days
This package contains all of the following:
Questions or comments? Call 1-888-LICE LINE (1-888-542-3546), Monday to Friday, 9am -5pm EST
Read all directions in the Consumer Information Insert and warnings before use. Keep the carton. If contains important information.
Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F).
INSIGHT Pharmaceuticals Corp.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.61 Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.65x 4.15x 6.2
Item Code: 246478
Important: Read all the directions in the Consumer Information Sheet and warnings before use.
For external use only.
Do not use:
- On children under 2 months of age
- Near the eyes
- Inside the nose, ear, mouth or vagina
- On lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you are allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic episode.
When using this product:
- Keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- If product gets into the eyes, immediately flush with large amounts of water.
- Scalp itching or redness may occur.
It pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Treats head lice.
Permethrin (280 mg)1%
Balsam Fir Oil , Cetearyl Alcohol , Citric Acid , FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake , Fragrance , Hydrolyzed Animal Protein , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Isopropyl Alcohol (5.6g)20% , Methylparaben (56 mg)0.2% , Polyoxyethylene (10) Cetyl Ether , Propylene Glycol , Propylparaben (22 mg)0.8% , Stearalkonium Chloride , Water