- Handle keeps fingers away from lice
- Wide tooth side removes snarls & tangles
- Smaller tooth side removes lice & their eggs
Removing Head Lice and Nits (empty eggshells)
(To effectively stop head lice infestation, all eggs and nits must be removed.)
Nix Creme Rinse kills head lice but does not remove the nits (eggs); Combing is the only way to effectively remove the eggs and nits. The two-sided metal Nix comb simplifies this process. After washing hair and then treating head with Nix Creme Rinse, use the wide-tooth side of comb to work through thick hair, tight curls, snarls and tangles. Use the smaller-tooth side of the comb on damp, clean and tangle-free hair and begin the comb-out to remove eggs, starting from the roots.
Questions or comments? Call 1-888-LICE LINE (1-888-542-3546)
Follow these steps for effective removal of the eggs.
- Remove nits (eggs) by combing the hair using the nit comb provided.
- Make sure the hair remains slightly damp while combing out the nits (eggs). Combing will be easier if you apply Nix Gel to the dampened hair.
- If the hair dries during combing, damped it slightly with water and/or Nix Gel.
- Par the hair into four sections. Work on one section at at time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).
- Start at the top of the head on the section you have picked.
- With one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- Use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits (eggs).
- Clean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits (eggs) from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to percent the lice from coming back.
- After combing, recheck the entire head for nits (eggs) and repeat combing if necessary.
- After repeated combing, remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove) or by cutting the nits out.
- Check the affected head daily to remove any nits (eggs) that you might have missed.
INSIGHT Pharmaceuticals Corp.