The aluminum canes are lightweight and have an offset full curved foam handle. The canes are 0.875-inch in diameter and can adjust from 30-inch to 39-inch in height. The tip size for these canes is 10018.
Available in 3 colors
|Weight Capacity : || 300 lb. ||Handle Type: ||Offset ||Type of Material: || Aluminum |
Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- How to Adjust Your Cane:
- Unscrew the outer cane sleeve lock where the back of the cane fits into the outer sleeve.
- Depress the brass knob release that is visible in the series of holes for vertical height adjustment.
- Lengthen or shorten cane to desired height.
- Allow brass knob to pop back out to maintain desired height.
- Tighten outer cane sleeve lock.
- How to Fit a Cane:
How to Walk with a Cane:
- Wear your regular walking shoes.
- The top of the can should be even with the break in your wrist and/or your hip joint.
- Place the cane 6 inches in front of you and 6 inches over to the side. Your elbow should be bent at a 20 to 30 degree angle.
- Use the cane in the hand of the opposite side of your injured or weaker leg.
- Stand in a triangular position. Place your good foot behind your body and your weak or injured foot in front of you opposite of the cane, forming the three points of a triangle. The toe of your weak/injured foot should line up with the cane.
- Move the good foot first to the front of your body and maintain a triangular position. Then move your weak/injured foot and the cane together in front of your good foot. Make sure that the cane tip meets the floor flatly.
- Take short steps to maintain your balance.
© Nova Ortho-Med, Inc.