OneTouch® USB Interface Cable for OneTouch® Diabetes Management Software.
- OneTouch® USB Interface Cable (for use with LifeScan blood glucose meters with data management capabilities)
- Instructions to download OneTouch® Diabetes Management Software at no charge at www.onetouch.com
About OneTouch® USB Interface Cable for OneTouch® Diabetes Management Software
The OneTouch® Diabetes Management Software (DMS) program is designed to help healthcare professionals and people with diabetes, track and monitor blood glucose levels. OneTouch® DMS can also be used to help plan meals, exercise, and medications. Whether you are a patient with diabetes using OneTouch® Software at home, or a healthcare professional using it in the office, OneTouch® DMS can help you manage the information that can help improve glycemic control.
OneTouch® DMS enables you to do the following:
- Transfer glucose readings and other data from a meter to your PC
- Choose from 11 Report formats to view and print data
- Calculate glucose averages and standard deviations
- Highlight glucose readings that are within, above, and below the target range
- Customize dates, meal slots, target glucose ranges, etc.
- Add data such as insulin doses, exercise duration, carb intake, and health comments
- Print Reports for long-term record keeping
All OneTouch® Meters with a data port are compatible with v2.3.3.
How to Get the Software
1) Order the OneTouch® USB Interface Cable for OneTouch® Diabetes Management Software
2) Follow the instructions with the cable to download and install OneTouch® Diabetes Management Software
What you need to get started:
- A OneTouch® Meter with a data port
- A Windows®-compatible computer with:
- 266 MHz, Intel® Pentium® 2 or equivalent (higher is recommended)
- Minimum 128 MB of RAM (higher will help overall performance)
- Minimum free hard disk space 100-200 MB during installation 100 MB for after installation
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home or Professional (SP2 or above), Windows Vista®, or Windows® 7.
- USB or 9-pin COM port*
- A OneTouch® Interface Cable (required for OneTouch® Meters only), or
- An appropriate cable for non-OneTouch® Brand devices that are supported by OneTouch® Software.
- Windows®-compatible printer (recommended if you wish to print reports; color printer recommended if you wish to print in color).
- Video monitor with at least 800x600 pixel screen resolution and 256 colors
- CD-ROM drive
*The software supports 9-pin serial communications; however the 9-pin meter cable has been discontinued.