Engineered for performance and comfort.
This is an excellent choice to treat DeQuervain's tendinitis, strains and sprains of the MCP joint, basal joint arthritis, advanced carpal tunnel syndrome and cumulative trauma disorders of the thumb and wrist. Distal palmar crease contour allows for 90 degree palmar flexion and full finger dexterity. Constructed from an open cell urethane foam laminated to a Lycra fabric for comfort, breathability and moisture absorption. The proximal circumferential strap provides superior fixation of the radial stay which allows for excellent immobilization of the thumb. Perfect for latex sensitive wearers.
- Adjustable thumb strap accommodates for swelling and various size thumbs
- Thumb spica component provides contoured support, motion control and thumb abduction
- Three independent hook-and-loop fasteners permit easy, one-handed adjustment and closure
- Durable urethane foam glove laminated to Lycra for comfortable, long term wear
- Flexible radial and palmar stays are removable and adjustable for various injuries
- Black color obscures soiling, provides a low profile appearance
- Large fits 7.5-8.5 in. (19.0-21.6 cm) wrist
To select the perfect size: Measure around the break of the wrist.
Easy to apply: Unfasten all closures and slip the brace over the hand and wrist. The thumb should protrude through the spica portion and the splint should be centered over the palm. With the free hand, grasp the tab furthest away from the wrist and fasten to the pile. Repeat with the other tabs and adjust for comfort. The brace should fit snug but not uncomfortably tight.
Care: Remove the metal splint and fasten all closures. Hand wash in cold water with a mild soap. Rinse thoroughly until water is clear. Wrap in towel to remove excess water. Air dry away from heat. (Do not twist or wring.) Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach..
© 2014 SAI