Important: Read all product information before using. This product is intended for use in children.
Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- Asthma (wheezing)
- Skin reddening
- Facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which may cause severe stomach bleeding.
The chances are higher if your child:
- Has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- Takes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- Takes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- Takes more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 3 years of age unless directed by doctor.
Do not use:
- If the child has ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- Right before or after heart surgery
Ask a doctor before use if:
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to your child
- Child has a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- Child has not been drinking fluids
- Child has lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrhea
- Child has high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- Child is taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is:
- Under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- Taking any other drug
When using this product:
- Take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- The risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Child experiences any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- Feels faint
- Vomits blood
- Has bloody or black stools
- Has stomach pain that does not get better
- The child does not get any relief within first day (24 hours) of treatment
- Fever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- Any new symptoms appear
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known in the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/.