This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
Sore throat warning:
- More than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- To make a child sleepy
- In a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if child is taking
- Liver disease
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
When using this product
- Sedatives or tranquilizers
- The blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Do not exceed recommended dosage (see overdose warning)
Keep out of reach of children.
- New symptoms occur
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- Pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) could cause serious health problems, including liver damage. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- Minor aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Temporarily reduces fever