This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if the child takes:
Sore throat warning:
- More than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- If the child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not exceed recommended dosage (see overdose warning)
Keep out of reach of children.
- New symptoms occur
- Redness or swelling is present
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
These could be signs of a serious condition
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Reduces fever
- Relives minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- Sore throat
Acetaminophen is used to relieve headaches, muscle soreness, aches, sore throats, toothaches, teething pain and backaches and to reduce fever.