Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
magnesium salicylate may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include hives, facial swelling, asthma (wheezing), shock.
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- Are age 60 or older
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- Take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- Take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Take more or for a longer time than directed
If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask a doctor whether you should take magnesium salicylate or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Magnesium salicylate may cause stomach bleeding.
Do not use:
Ask a doctor before use if:
- If you are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- Right before or after heart surgery
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- You have a history of stomach problems such as heartburn
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- You are taking a diuretic
As with any drug, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of a healthcare professional before using this product.
Keep out of reach of children.
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- Feel faint
- Vomit blood
- Have bloody or black stools
- Have stomach pain that does not get better
These are signs of stomach bleeding. These could be signs of a serious condition
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains associated with: