Polar RS100 Heart Rate Monitor
- Helps improve your fitness with personal heart rate target zones
- Displays calories burned
- Comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Automatic age-based target zone - bpm / %
- To help you train safely and effectively, the training computer determines your heart rate target zone limits automatically according to your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). The limits are determined either in beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage (%) of your maximum heart rate, or as a heart rate reserve (% HRR). See also Maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) and Manual target zone.
- Average and maximum heart rate of each lap
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Heart rate - bpm / %
- Heart rate is the measurement of the work your heart does. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute or as percentage of your maximum heart rate. Heart rate can also be expressed as a percentage of your heart rate reserve, meaning the difference between your resting heart rate and maximum heart rate (HRR = HRmax - HRrest). In Polar software or during strength training, heart rate can be displayed as a graphical trend.
- HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm
- You can define your target zones for a training session based on heart rate to help define the right intensity. When you are out of the preset zones, the training computer will give a visual and audible alarm.
- HRmax (age-based)
- The highest number of heart beats per minute (bpm) during maximum physical exertion. For a rough estimate of your maximum heart rate, subtract your age from 220. HRmax is a useful tool for determining the intensity of training as intensity zones can be defined using HRmax. Some Polar products define maximum heart rate during the Polar Fitness Test, see also HRmax (Polar Fitness Test -based).
- HRmax (user set)
- Manual target zone - bpm / %
- This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training. You can set the target zone for your training as beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, or as a percentage of your heart rate reserve (HRR%).
- Polar OwnCal® - calorie expenditure
- Polar OwnCal calculates the number of kilocalories expended during training. This feature allows you to follow the kilocalories expended during one training session and cumulative kilocalories expended during several training sessions. Some Polar products also estimate the fat-burning percentage (fat% on display), that is, kilocalories expended from fat during a workout which is expressed as a percentage of the total kilocalories burned.
- Polar OwnCode® (5kHz) - coded transmission
- Coded heart rate transmission automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to the training computer. The training computer picks up your heart rate from your transmitter only. Coding prevents interference from other training computers.
- Polar OwnZone® - personal heart rate zone
- Polar OwnZone® determines your personal heart rate limits for a training session. Depending on the day and time, your physical state may vary, for instance, if you are stressed or tired, or if you are not fully recovered from your latest training session, Polar can determine that information from your heart rate and guide you to your ideal training zone for that moment.
- Edit wrist unit settings with Polar UpLink Tool and transfer them to your Polar product (UpLink)
- Totals includes your training data starting from the last reset enabling you to follow your long-term training.
- Training files (with summaries) - 1
- HeartTouch - button-free operation of wrist unit
- When HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
- Number of laps - 99
- User configurable displays - top line
- This feature allows you to configure training computer displays to show the information that you need during your training session. Configure the displays either in the training computer or in ProTrainer 5 software.
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display text in English
- By activating KeyLock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
- Low battery indicator
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- Water resistant - 50m
- Weight 41g
- Polar RS100 Training Computer
- Polar Wear Link + Transmitter
Basic Heart Rate and Timing
For beginners who want basic heart rate and timing features.
Body measurement features
In the Box
© Polar Electro Oy 2010
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 1.0 Product in inches (LxWxH): 2.8x 3.8x 5.2