PolyMem Cloth Dot Dressing 2-inch X 2-inch
- Cleanses: built-in cleanser reduces the need to cleanse or rinse at dressing changes
- Fills: gently expands to fill and conform to the wound
- Absorbs: vertically wicks away up to ten times its weight in wound fluid
- Moistens: keeps the wound bed moist and soothes traumatized tissues, helping to speed wound healing
- Drug-free wound pain relief: helps reduce swelling and inflammation at the wound site and reduce wound pain
- "Intelligent" dressing: helps maintain the ideal healing conditions
- Indicator dressing: allows you to see when the dressing needs to be changed
- Dressing changes: easy to use; simply remove the old dressing and replace a new dressing at the wound site
- Made in the USA
- INITIAL DRESSING APPLICATION: Prepare the wound according to protocol or as directed by a physician or other ordering clinician.
- Select a dressing so that the membrane is approximately 0.25-inch - 2-inch (0.6 - 5 cm) larger than the wound
HELPFUL HINT: For dry wounds, moisten dressing slightly with sterile water or saline prior to application
- Apply the dressing film side out and/or printed side out.
- DRAMATIC increase in wound fluid may be observed during the first few days. This is not uncommon, and indicates that the dressing is working
HELPFUL HINT: Outlining the wound size on the outside of the dressing helps in determining when a dressing change is needed
- Keep the dressing DRY and in place when bathing. Change the dressing if it gets wet
- Topical treatments are not recommended in conjunction with PolyMem family of dressings
- Change dressings before the wound fluid, visible through the dressing, reaches the wound margin. Change the dressing immediately if the wound fluid reaches the edge of the membrane pad. For mildly exudating wounds in otherwise healthy patients, dressing can be left on for a recommended maximum of seven days. As with other dressings, more frequent changes may be indicated if the patient has a compromised immune system, diabetes, or infection at the wound site.
- Gently peel the adhesive film toward the center of the dressing.
- Remove the dressing from the wound site. The PolyMem formulated pad will not adhere to the wound bed, usually ensuring pain-free dressing changes.
- Do not disturb the wound bed. Do not clean the wound bed or flush with saline or water unless the wound is infected or contaminated. PolyMem formulation dressings contain a wound cleanser and leave no residue. Additional cleaning of the wound may injure regenerating tissue and delay wound healing. The intact skin around the wound may be cleansed while leaving the wound bed undisturbed.
- Apply a new dressing
Cloth-backed dot adhesive dressing; 2-inch x 2-inch adhesive; 1-inch x 1-inch pad.
No other single wound care dressing offers drug-free wound pain relief and combines the key wound-healing capabilities like PolyMem.
© 2011 Ferris Mfg. Corp.
Shipping Weight (in lbs): 0.2 Product in inches (LxWxH): 6.13x 1.5x 6.13
Item Code: 431879
- Not compatible with bleach solutions (hypochlorite solutions)
- Topical treatments are not recommended in conjunction with the PolyMem family of dressings. Use of PolyMem dressings with lotions, creams, or ointments may diminish the benefits of the PolyMem dressing or change the effect of the other products