Get your day off to a heart healthy start with this whole grain oatmeal. Top your oatmeal with your favorite fresh ingredients like fruit, low fat yogurt and nuts to make your own unique creation every day.
- Easy pour spout
- 100% natural whole grain
- Sodium free
- Can help reduce cholesterol*
* As part of a heart healthy diet, the soluble fiber in oatmeal can help reduce cholesterol.
- Preparing great oatmeal:
- 1 serving: 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water (or milk), dash of salt (optional)*
- Heart Healthy size serving (this serving size provides 3 grams of soluble fiber per serving): 3/4 cup oats, 1-1/2 cups water (or milk), dash of salt (optional)*
- 2 servings: 1 cup oats, 1-3/4 cups water (or milk) 1/8 tsp. salt (optional)*
- Stove top
- Boil water or milk and salt
- Stir in oats
- Cook about 1 minute over medium heat; stir occasionally
- Microwave (one serving)
- Combine water or milk, salt and oats in medium microwaveable bowl
- Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 - 2 minutes; stir before serving
*For low sodium diets, omit salt.
© 2010 The Quaker Oats Company